POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN MEDIA & COMMUNICATIONS
DURATION : 2 YEARS FULL TIME COURSE
PGDMC Course Structure
LJ’s PGDMC course is divided into 4 sections:
- Conceptual education - Thinking critically and intellectually from a unique view point forms the basis of media and communication learning.
- Creative thinking - Creative thinking opens horizons of opportunities and possibilities waiting to be explored. Our students are trained to think creatively along with the scientific parameters at all times.
- Practical learning - LJIMC’s students are provided practical experience to enforce the classroom learnings. This prepares our students for the tough corporate conditions.
- Managerial and team education - Our students are trained to collaborate with teams and leadership skills are ingrained during the entire PGDMC course.
The PGDMC course is divided into 4 semesters. Our students are well-versed in the following media and communications topics:
- Print media
- Social media management and marketing
- Creative writing and storytelling
- Indian art and culture
- Arts and Culture
- Indian society
- Public relations
LJIMC’s students opt for internships in India’s most reputed firms in the above mentioned domains.
Career options after PGDM course completion:
- Print media – Reporter, Journalist, Editorial board and Marketing associate
- Electronic media – Radio artist (Jockey and producer), Anchor, Actor, Producer, Director and Managerial position
- Creative position – Screen writer, Copywriter, Script writer, Storyteller and Graphic designing
- Public relation - Development, maintenance and management
All in all, the PGDM-Communications Program specifically adds domain knowledge, understanding and competencies that are necessary in the communications driven businesses.
Depending upon the student’s aptitude, they choose the field they wish to pursue a career in. As the most prestigious mass communications and media institute in Gujarat, the best media and PR firms drive down to L J Institute of Media & Communications campus for recruitment.