The best media and communications professors and visiting faculties come together at LJIMC to thoroughly train students in all courses.
The faculty and board members of L J Institute of Media & Communications have contributed immensely in making this institute the most reputed media and communications college of Ahmedabad and India. Here’s a brief introduction about the teaching and advisory members.
Prof. B. S. Bhatia
Graduated from M S University Baroda with B.E.(Mech) and Post Graduation in Management from Indian Institute Of Management-Ahmedabad (IIMA).
He worked with Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) for 36 years. In the field of Communication Applications and was associated with projects like Satellite Instructional Television Experiment (SITE), Kheda Communiuctaion Project (KCP), Jhabua Development Communications Project (JDCP) and was project Director For EDUSAT. He initiated the Telemedicine Application of Satellite communications and established several networks all over India both for Tele –Education and Tele-medicine. He retired as Director Development and Educational communications Unit of ISRO.
He was a Member of Advisory Committees/Governing Councils and Boards of a large number of Educational Institutions and Academic Bodies in India, including IGNOU, Vigyan Prasar/DST, CEC/UGC and Sub Group of National Knowledge Commission.
He has been actively involved at the International level as follows.
- Faculty International Space University, France.
- Fellow East West Centre Honolulu Hawaii-USA.
- Member Jury, International film competition, Berlin-Germany
- Consultant International Development Research Centre Canada
- Member, Advisory Council, Common wealth Educational media Centre for Asia.
After Superannuation Mr. Bhatia has been
- Consultant to BISAG-Government of Gujarat.
- Advisor Media Lab Asia-Delhi.
- Consultant Dean, United world School of Business, Ahmedabad.
Project Director, Gandhi Heritage Portal, Sabarmati Ashram, Ahmedabad.
Currently He is Program Director (Space Education) at the Vikram Sarabhai Community Science Centre.Ahmedabad.